"Packer Park" is a "USE AT YOUR OWN RISK" Park.
The City of Stratford and the Stratford Dog Park Association assume no responsibility for any injuries or damage that may occur during the use of the Park.
Based on the City of Stratford Animal Control By-Laws
- Dog owners must pick up and dispose of their dogs' poop in the garbage cans provided. (by-law 2:16)
- All dogs must be leashed when entering or leaving the park. (by-law 6:4)
- Aggressive dogs must be muzzled. (by-law 2:17)
Under the Dog Owners Liability Act, " The owner of a dog is liable for damages resulting from a bite or attack by the dog on another person or domestic animal."
Association Guidelines for Park Usage
- All dogs must be accompanied by an adult owner or handler who must supervise and be in control of their dogs at all times.
- No sick dogs.
- Only spayed or neutered dogs are allowed in the park. No intact dogs over 6 months old.
- No puppies under 4 months of age. Puppies must have had all shots and boosters.
- All children must be supervised at all times. Unaccompanied children are not allowed in the park. It is dangerous to bring babies or toddlers into the park.
- No glass containers or food.
- Place all litter in the garbage cans in the parking lot.
- This is a park for dogs, not an exercise area for humans. No running or jogging.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited!
Emergency: 911 - The park is located off Dunn Rd., at the end of the parking lot for the Packham Road Sports Complex.
Stratford-Perth Humane Society: 519 273 6600
Pet Injury: refer to your own vet
Human Injury: seek medical attention